Training in computer information systems prepares students for a broad range of roles. Some possible career options include webmaster, web developer, web designer, executive assistant, office manager, office assistant, entrepreneur, database analyst, database designer, computer trainer, project manager, and team member in a startup.
The Computer Information Systems (CIS) curriculum as outlined herein provides a comprehensive
program designed to prepare students with broad technology skill sets required by
careers in any of the many industries that comprise the economic backbone of Contra
Costa County, such as Manufacturing, Information Technology (IT), Financial Services,
Education, Healthcare, Retail, Construction, etc. CIS jobs go by a variety of titles,
including applications developer, programmer analyst, software designer, customer
support specialist, help desk technician, workstation support specialist, database
designer, database analyst, database security, network control operator, network security
administrator, internet developer, webmaster, internet systems integrator, among others.
Completion of this degree or the certificates will provide excellent preparation for
a student interested in a career in a variety of industries in any of those job categories.
Students will acquire basic occupational competencies enabling them to perform the duties of Information Technologies and Management workers as identified by the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
1. Provide technical assistance and training to computer system users.
2. Investigate and resolve computer software and hardware problems of users;
3. Perform the duties demanded in any modern office environment.
4. Design and maintain static and dynamic web sites.
5. Integrate elements such as graphics, animation and streaming media on web sites.
6. Develop and implement database systems for stand alone or internet based deployment.
7. Use technology to manage multi-faceted projects.
Loc Huynh firstname.lastname@example.org
Mario Tejada email@example.com
Mauricio Najarro firstname.lastname@example.org